Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Just Love







Our new Saint Bernard puppy, Buddy just keeps
growing and growing. He is already nearing the
eighty pound mark and I know that he has another
hundred to go after that before he is full
grown. The biggest thing about him
though, seems to be his heart.

Although, he prefers the company of my wife
and daughter to anyone else he still seems
to have more than enough love to share with
the rest of us. Buddy doesn't hold his love
back for anyone be they man, woman, dog,
or cat. Buddy loves the whole world and he
seems to take his greatest joy in sharing
that love with everyone he meets.

I only wish that one day I will be able
to love as easily and freely as Buddy
does. I hope that one day my entire life
will be a gift of love: given freely and
with joy. I hope that one day my love
will be free of all judgement, all
fear, and all conditions. I hope that
one day my love will be as pure as
this puppy's love and as strong and
beautiful as the love God
gives me everyday.



Mother Teresa once said: "We have
been created to love and be loved."


God made us to love. When we refuse
to love we slowly kill the beautiful
soul within each of us. When we refuse
to love we exist without really living.
When we refuse to love we deny the true
purpose of our lives here on Earth and
waste the precious time that
we are given here.

Let us all follow the advice of a wise
dog I know and just love. Let us give
up our worries, struggles, and fears
and just love. Let us abandon our
prejudices, hatreds, and judgements
and just love. Let us live the way
that God meant for us to live
towards Him, ourselves, and our
neighbors and just love.

By just filling our hearts and
souls with love and sharing that
love with everyone everywhere we
can make our lives blessed and
make this world a better, more
beautiful, and more loving place.




~ Joseph J. Mazzella ~


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home