Tuesday, April 12, 2005

* Seeing Eyes *






Jesus stopped and called them. "What do you want
me to do for you?" he asked. "Lord," they answered,
"we want our sight."


-Matthew 20:32-33 (NIV)




FOR many months, because of my limited mobility,
my only outings have been slow, 10-minute walks
to the shops. My resentment at being restricted
was spoiling these short trips, until God spoke
to my heart and gave me an idea.



Each time I went out, I tried to notice three
things I hadn't seen before and to record them
in a notebook when I returned. Now on quiet,
lonely evenings, I get out my notebook and
browse through my writing: "Saw my first
spring flowers," "Noticed the beautiful pattern
white clouds made in the blue sky," "Admired Mrs.
W's new baby," "Walked through autumn leaves," "Saw a
rainbow." What a delight the reading makes!



When I count the blessings God has given me, they
seem to multiply. I have learned to "see," and I
often record more than three things that have
caught my attention. Now I look forward to my
visits to the shops. A smile of contentment
has replaced my scowl, and people are more
willing to speak to me. God's blessings
have multiplied.




~ Carol Purves (Essex, England) ~


Thank you, God, for eyes to see, and
for minds and hearts to appreciate
all your gifts.
Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home